Canadian North Helicobacter pylori Working Group Mission Statement
The CANHelp Working Group links University of Alberta researchers with northern community leaders and northern health care providers in a collaborative effort to investigate H. pyloriinfection with the goal of finding solutions to community concerns about health risks from this infection.
CANHelp Working Group Goals
We use a community-driven research approach in northern communities to:
- Characterize the burden of disease from H. pylori infection
- Exchange knowledge between scientists and concerned community members and health care providers to work together to reduce health risks from this infection
Our research goals, based on the priorities of the participating communities and their health care providers, are to:
- Describe the disease burden and risk factors associated with H. pylori infection;
- Develop clinical management approaches to reduce health risks from H. pylori infection;
- Develop knowledge exchange strategies that help foster a greater understanding of health risks associated with H. pylori infection, as well as solutions and unsolved challenges for reducing these risks.